Demand Shaping: How IT Becomes a Distinctive Advantage
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm,
In the digital economy companies have nearly limitless opportunities to invest in technology. But most IT investments have little (and sometimes even negative) impact on financial performance. Companies cannot afford to invest in “nice to have” business changes. CIOs must lead the charge to ensure that IT investments—and the business changes they demand—have significant, sustainable impacts on performance. Top CIOs are changing the conversation around IT investment through a process we refer to as demand shaping. This session asks CIO panelists to discuss how they are changing the IT investment conversation and the impact of IT on financial performance.
- Loura-isms: How to do IT leadership right from HP’s CIO (2015-07-30)
- Demand shaping vs. demand management: Making IT count in the digital era (2015-06-05)
- Choosing IT investments that reward customers and drive profitability (2015-05-22)
- Staples CIO Says ‘We’re Going After Amazon in a Big Way’ (2015-05-22)
- Staples aims at Amazon with innovative, efficient, data-driven IT (2015-05-21)